Words to Live By:
Due to the awkward look and feel of Tauren in the Undercity, guards will no longer permit their entry and have been flagged to kill on sight. Tauren, you've been warned.

Friday, July 25, 2008

A WoW-related topic:

Listen up, little noobs. I am a nice person. I am nice to a fault. When people beg me for stuff, I give it to them because I sincerely hope that they will then become better little noobs, or that they will eventually pay me back for whatever favor or amount of gold I have given them!

And I've had pretty good luck with that so far. In my two-plus years of playing, I've been lending people stuff from the very beginning (I had a blessed childhood, never holding less than ten gold in my Change Purse of Awesome*), and I've never had a real problem with people not paying me back. I like to think it was because people are just good people, but really it was probably because they were just good enough to not take advantage of a sweet little femtroll huntard.

Anywho, this all has a point!

I have a, uhm, sorta kinda friend. He is a troll hunter that I met when leveling my shammy alt Tealla. He was in need of some serious help back then (and still does need help), so I was nice and helped him pick a pet and fix his spec up. Then (and this was my big mistake) I got on Gal and I ran him through RFC so I could teach him what drops were good for him and which weren't (STR gear is a no no!). Alrighty, cool, I made a new friend.

However, this was months ago! I expected him to grow up and forget all about the chick who helped him learn not to be an idiot. But nooooo. To this day I still get whispers from him asking me to run him through stuff and just telling me random things he's done. Omg you got a mount? Great, now stop bugging me.

What's worse is that I once again agreed to run him through something, this time SM. He was way too low, so I shouldn't have taken him, but a guildie needed to go, too, so fine, why not.

Do you know how many times he died? I just stopped trying.

After that was over I thought stuff would go back to normal. I logged and went on an alt to hide from him (seriously, isn't 3/4 wings of SM enough?!).

Apparently not, because the guildie I had helped dinged 70 the next week (yeah I am serious) and told me that the hunter had been bugging him every time he logged on for runs through stuff. And now when I log on he introduces his little friends to me. He's probably told them how nice I am and how willing I am to run noobs through stuff.

You'd think I'd learn my lesson, right?

Yesterday a level eleven orc warrior whispers me and asks me really nicely if I'd mind running him through RFC. I hesitate, but then he tells me that people say he's too low to be in their groups. Granted, he is too low. He can't go into LFG yet and he can't be summoned or use the summoning stone. But I've been there, you know? I've been healing RFC on Bloofish since he was level ten. I finally agree and he invites me to a group. There's a druid in the group, too, who turns out to be a really cool guy. I get on an alt to summon the druid and we beat RFC into a pulp.

After the run, they thank me profusely, and then let me go on my way. What is great is that I don't ever expect to hear back from them again. I helped them out, they were appreciative, now they'll leave me alone. How great is that?!

So, dear nooblings, I'd love to help you, lend you money, teach you how to play, tell you what addon makes my pet talk, or run you through an instance if I have time.

But please, treat me with respect afterwards. Thanks is all I need. I never need to hear from you again. I had fun while we were together, but enough is enough. Good luck, happy questing, see you when you are 70.


*Mine is brown. It rocks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no o_O

I've had a case of that once or twice (it's the nice factor attracts the crazies everyone else avoids)

Only thing I could do was explain I was now a busy lvl 70 (and then I would list everything I had to do in my hr of game time - cackle) and brush them off constantly or direct them to LFG or general.

Addons

Essentials:
ArcHUD2/MetaHud
PetEmote
Satrina Buff Frames
Scrolling Combat Text
BaudBag
Bartender 3
DoubleWide
Quest Helper
KHunterTimers
Squeenix
Prat
Omen
Pitbull UF
Quartz
Align